NEC Merit Scholarship for NER Online Apply | NEC Merit Scholarship Merit List | NEC Merit Scholarship Registration
NEC Merit Scholarship for NER 2022 will be helping financially weaker sections of the northeastern state to get proper facilities through which they will be able to continue their education without having to worry about the financial expenses. Given below we have shared some of the most important specifications related to the scholarship and the step-by-step procedure through which they will be able to apply online for the scholarship. We will also share with all of you the eligibility and the amount of assistance which will be provided to the beneficiaries in this scheme.
NEC Merit Scholarship for NER 2022
Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Assam has created a prestigious NEC Merit Scholarship for NER available for the residents of the Northeastern region through which they will be able to get proper opportunities to kick start their career and pursue various development courses present in their state without having to worry about the financial expenses. The residents will be able to get financial assistance so that they can get their undergraduate degree or postgraduate degree and also higher education after they have successfully completed their degrees so that they can get proper jobs and support their families in need.
Details Of NEC Merit Scholarship for NER
|Name||NEC Merit Scholarship for NER 2022|
|Launched by||Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Assam|
|Objective||Providing financial assistance|
|Beneficiaries||Economic weaker section of the North-eastern States|
Pragyan Bharati Scooty Scheme Assam
Important Dates Under NEC Merit Scholarship
- Starting Date of Online Application: 20th August 2021
- Last Date of Online Application: 30th November 2021
- Defective Verification: 15th December 2021
- Last Date for Institute verification: 15th December 2021
The following awards will be available to the candidates to apply for this scheme:-
|Courses Of study||Scholarship amount|
|Diploma Courses||Rs 20,000 Per Year|
|Degree Courses||Rs 22,000 Per Year|
|Postgraduate Courses||Rs 25,000 Per Year|
|M.Phil & PhD Courses||Rs 30,000 Per Year|
Number Of Scholarship
The following scholarships are available to the people applying for this scheme:-
- Arunachal Pradesh – 209 [Diploma: 20, Degree: 130, PG Degree: 52, M.Phil / PhD: 7]
- Assam – 320 [Diploma: 30, Degree: 200, PG Degree: 80, M.Phil / PhD: 10]
- Manipur – 192 [Diploma: 18, Degree: 120, PG Degree: 48, M.Phil / PhD: 6]
- Meghalaya – 192 [Diploma: 18, Degree: 120, PG Degree: 48, M.Phil / PhD: 6]
- Mizoram – 192 [Diploma: 18, Degree: 120, PG Degree: 48, M.Phil / PhD: 6]
- Nagaland – 192 [Diploma: 18, Degree: 120, PG Degree: 48, M.Phil / PhD: 6]
- Sikkim – 111 [Diploma: 10, Degree: 70, PG Degree: 28, M.Phil / PhD: 3]
- Tripura – 192 [Diploma: 18, Degree: 120, PG Degree: 48, M.Phil / PhD: 6]
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scheme:-
- The scholarship is open only to a student who is a permanent resident of any of the North Eastern States.
- For candidates belonging to Academic Year 2021-22 and onwards, the scholarship under this scheme shall be disbursed only through National Scholarship Portal (NSP). However, the students, who already have been receiving scholarships before these rules come into force, shall continue to receive their scholarships as per the prevailing procedure till the end of the tenure of their scholarship.
- Once selected, the scholarship shall be available to a selected student for the prescribed duration of a course subject to fulfilment of renewal conditions, as specified under Para 6 of these rules. Extension of scholarship beyond the prescribed period of study will not be entertained.
- At the time of availing of the scholarship, the student must not be in receipt of any other scholarship/financial assistance from any other source. A sponsored candidate under full employment during the period of study or working/in-service candidates shall not be eligible to receive the scholarship.
Central Sector Scholarship
The applicant must follow the following educational criteria to apply for the scheme:-
- Diploma: HSLC/HSSLC/Secondary School Leaving /Senior Secondary Leaving certificate exam from a recognised State/Central Board with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate
- Degree: HSSLC/Senior Secondary Leaving Certificate examination from a recognised State/Central Board with minimum 60% marks in aggregate.
- Post Graduate: Degree level examination in any discipline (BA/BSc/BE/B Tech/MBBS/LLB/BCA/BBA etc. of any recognized Institute/ University with minimum 60% marks in aggregate
- M.Phil./PhD: PG degree from any recognized University with minimum 60% marks in aggregate
The following documents must be submitted while applying for this scheme:-
- Permanent Residential Certificate (PRC)
- Income Certificate issued by the Competent Authority
- Bank Account Pass Book
- Details of qualifying examination
- Synopsis signed by the project guide / Director (Research) (M.Phil/Ph.D. candidates)
- Any other document as may be required under NSP guidelines
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship
Selection Procedure Of NEC Merit Scholarship for NER
The applicant must follow the following selection procedure to apply for the scheme:-
- The merit lists will be drawn from among finally verified applications as per the scheme guidelines and after following the laid down procedure on the NSP.
- Selection of students for M. Phil and Ph. D. will be done on the basis of the topic of research/Synopsis which has relevance to the problems/issues related to the NE Region
- The scholarship is purely on a merit basis. The merit list will be prepared exclusively on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in the qualifying exams and complying with the level-of-course-wise slots allotted to the states.
Rules For NEC Merit Scholarship Renewal
The applicant must follow the following rules for the renewal of this condition:-
- The renewal candidates should get the NEC scholarship form from the respective state government, and they should fill it up in the prescribed format.
- The student should also get a recommendation letter from the head of the institute to renew the scholarship.
- The recommendation letter is obtained strictly based on the satisfactory progress of the scholar.
- The failure in the academic year results in the discontinuation of the stipend for the entire period.
- The future renewal of the NEC scholarship is recommended only from the date of clearance to the next higher class/ semester.
- The sanction order, along with the statement for renewal of the scholarship, should be submitted to the NEC.
NEC Merit Scholarship for NER 2022 Application Procedure
To apply for the scholarship we will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- First, go to the official website of the national scholarship portal by clicking on the link given here
- The homepage will open on your screen
- Click on the option called New Registration
- The instructions will open on your screen
- Tick mark the declaration.
- Click on the “Continue” option.
- Enter all of the details.
- Now enter name, date of birth, mobile number, gender, email ID, bank details etc.
- Enter the captcha code
- Click the “Register” option.
- Now you have to log in using your credentials.
- Click on the option called Application Form
- The application form will be displayed on the screen
- Enter details including the State of Domicile, Name of the student, Date of Birth, Community/ Category, Father’s Name, Aadhaar card Number, Mobile Number, Scholarship Category, Gender, Religion, Mother’s Name, Annual Family Income, Email ID etc.
- Click on “Save & Continue”
- Upload the documents.
- Click on “Final Submission’’
- The application form will be successfully submitted.
- Address: Director (HRD&E), North Eastern Council Secretariat, Shillong – 793003
- Helpline Number: 03642522674