YSR Jagananna Gorumudda Scheme 2023 Benefits | AP YSR Mid Day Meal Scheme Apply Online | Jagananna Gorumudda Scheme Application Form | YSR MDM Scheme Online Registration
Jagananna Gorumudda Scheme is a mid-day meal program that began in the state of Andhra Pradesh in 2003. Initially, the scheme was only for kids in primary school, from Class 1st to Class 5th. In October 2008, it was increased to upper primary students i.e., from Class 6th to class 8th, and high school students i.e., Class 9th to 10th. Later, in 2010, it was expanded to include Special Schools children also in NCLP. To ease hunger, many poor families sent their kids to school. This not only offered proper food but also offer education to these children. Read below to check the detailed information related to the YSR MDM Scheme like Objectives, Features, and Benefits, Implementation, YSR Mid Day Meal Scheme Menu, and much more.
Jagananna Gorumudda Scheme 2023
The Government of India launched the Jagananna Gorumudda (MDM) Scheme to assist impoverished students in rural and urban regions with challenges such as malnutrition, food security, and educational access. Over the years, the idea of mid-day meals has proven to be quite beneficial to our country’s government schools. Many kids have been accepted to government schools under the idea of mid-day meals. Students studying in government / government-aided / Madrasahs / Maqtabs (under Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan) / Local Body STC are eligible for the initiative. Students in government-run institutions will receive a free lunch under the AP Mid-Day Meal Scheme. For these students, the initiative will ensure sufficient nutritional value consumption, food security, and educational access. On all working days, meals will be served. People can now look at the new Student Midday Meal Menu, which will be in effect for the whole week in schools.
Read More :- YSR Bheema Scheme
Highlights of AP YSR Mid Day Meal Scheme
|Scheme Name||Jagananna Gorumudda Scheme 2023|
|Introduced By||Government of Andhra Pradesh|
|Department||Department of School Education|
|Beneficiaries||Primary, Upper Primary and High School students of Andhra Pradesh Government Schools|
|Objective||To provide quality and nutritious mid-day meals in the government schools of Andhra Pradesh|
Objectives of YSR MDM Scheme
The AP YSR Mid Day Meal Scheme has the following key objectives:
- To provide free lunches to qualified kids in schools.
- To prevent malnutrition and ensure proper dietary intake.
- The plan intends to increase the number of school admissions.
- Increased involvement in school activities and events.
- It will increase the number of students who attend classes.
Jagananna Gorumudda Scheme Features & Benefits
Some of the main features and Benefits of the YSR MDM Scheme 2021 are as follows:
- According to a decision made by Andhra Pradesh’s chief minister, YS Jagan Mohan Reddy, the mid-day meal scheme i.e., Jagananna Gorumudda has been implemented in all government schools in the state from January 28 with a new meal menu.
- The state government decided to serve Chickpea for three days along with eggs for five days. Managers will be paid Rs. 135 per One Kilogram of Chickpea and each student will be given 25 grams of Chickpea.
- The state government will also provide annual financial support of Rs 15,000 to around 43 lakh mothers for the advantage of 82 lakh impoverished students studying in the government schools of the state.
AP MDM Scheme Implementation
The state government of Andhra Pradesh has also decided to raise the pay of those who arrange and distribute mid-day meals in schools, according to the state’s Chief Minister. In addition, good ingredients will be made available to all organizations for the preparation of mid-day meals for all children attending government schools in the state of Andhra Pradesh. Wages will be raised to provide a healthy and safe working environment for all distributors of Andhra Pradesh’s mid-day meal. Some of the important points related to the Jagananna Gorumudda Scheme 2021 Implementation are as follows:
- The Jagananna Gorumudda Scheme 2021 in Andhra Pradesh is overseen by the state’s Directorate of School Education.
- The state receives essential foodgrains from the Central government.
- In a 60:40 ratio, the central and state governments are responsible for the entire cost.
- The salaries of the cooks and those in charge of meal distribution have recently been increased by the AP government.
- High school students, on the other hand, have a 100 percent share of the state government.
Jagananna Gorumudda Scheme Menu
The Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh has finalized the following menu for the mid-day meal in Andhra Pradesh’s government schools: –
|Monday||Rice (Annam)Egg curry (Guddu- Koora)Chickpea (a recipe for peanut lentil gingerbread)|
|Tuesday||Tomato dalPuliohara (Tamarind / Lemon / Mango-rice)Boiled egg (Udikinchina guddu)|
|Wednesday||Vegetable Rice (Kooragayalaannam)Boiled Egg (Udikinchina guddu) Aloo Kurma, Chickpea|
|Thursday||Tomato chutneyKichadi (Pesara Pappu Annam)Boiled egg (Udikinchina guddu)|
|Friday||Rice (Annam)Asparagus, Boiled egg (Udikinchina guddu)ChickpeaAkukoorapappu (Dhal with green leaves),|
|Saturday||Rice (Annam)SambarSweet Pongal (Theepipongali)|
Midday Meal Scheme Specification
This menu has been created with the nutritional needs of children in consideration, and meals will be rotated during the week.
|Ingredients||Class 1st to 5th||Class 6th to 10th|
|Food Grains (Rice)||100 gram per day||100 gram per day|
|Vegetables||57 gram per day||87 gram per day|
|Pulse (red gram + green gram dhal)||16 gram per day||23 gram per day|
|Oil and Fat||7 gram per day||9.7 grams per day|
|Peanut-Jaggery||75 gram per day||75 gram per day|
|Eggs||5 eggs per week||5 eggs per week|
|Spices & Condiments||As per need||As per need|
For any queries or details which you want to know regarding the Jagananna Gorumudda Scheme 2021, feel free to contact us on the below-given details
|Sri BUDITHI RAJSEKHAR, IASPRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENTDepartment of School Education||Address: 4th Block,1st Floor, Room No:267AP Secretariat Office, VelagapudiContact Number: 0863-2444270Email Id: [email protected]|
|Sri B.M. DIWAN MYDEEN, IFSDIRECTORMid-Day Meals & School Sanitation School Education Department||Address: Anjaneya Towers, Ibrahimpatnam Andhra PradeshPradesh Mobile Number: 9701352233Email Id: email@example.com|