The ever-increasing complexity of India’s problems is directly attributable to the country’s rapidly expanding population. One of the initiatives taken by the Odisha government at the state level in the fight against population control is the introduction of this scheme. This is one of the meaningful steps taken against population control. As a result, in this article, we will learn about the Odisha Nai Pahal Scheme 2023, as well as its goals and advantages, the eligibility requirements, and the paperwork that is necessary, and we will also explore how to obtain a wedding kit through the program.
Odisha Nai Pahal Scheme 2023
The Nai Pahal Scheme was launched by the government of Odisha on August 14, 2022. The State Government of Odisha has devised this program specifically with the state’s residents in mind. Kits for weddings, also known as Nabadampati Kits, will be distributed by the government as part of the program. The launch of Shaadi Kits includes a variety of products, some of which include family planning brooches, condoms, and home pregnancy testing kits, as well as forms for registering marriages, oral contraceptive pills (OCP), and emergency contraceptive tablets (ECP). This set also includes items that are appropriate for use by females such as a makeup kit, which may include a mirror, a handkerchief, a comb, a bindi, and a clipper for the bride’s nails.
This scheme was started under the National Health Mission for the awareness campaign about family planning, and up until now, it has been offering wedding kids to newly married couples. However, it is possible that it may modify the regulations in the years to come. TFR stands for total fertility rate, which refers to the average number of children that a woman will bear over the course of her lifetime. The TFR for this state is just 1.8, which is much lower than the national average of 2.
Odisha Nai Pahal Scheme 2023 Overview
|Odisha Nai Pahal Scheme 2023
|By the Odisha State Government
|August 14, 2022
|The Newly Married Couples of the Odisha State
|Awareness about Family Planning
|Wedding Kits and Informative materials
|Not Available Yet
Nai Pahal Scheme Objectives
Family planning is the primary topic that the Odisha Nai Pahal program aims to address in order to accomplish its goals, which are similar to those of other schemes. In order to raise awareness about the necessity for couples to undertake family planning methods. Raising awareness of family planning is an initiative taken by the State of Odisha as the fertility rate in Orissa is changing or staying below the average rate. Click to check more details about Odisha Mamata Yojana
Odisha Nai Pahal Scheme 2023 Benefits
- The state of Odisha’s government has initiated the Nai Pahal Scheme, which is part of the National Health Mission, to raise awareness about the importance of family planning among newlywed couples in the state.
- By participating in this program, young married couples are educated on the need to adopt both short-term and long-term methods of family planning as part of overall efforts to reduce the population.
- As part of this initiative, which was launched by the state government, “wedding kits” are presented to newlyweds as a token of congratulations on their marriage.
- This wedding kit includes a variety of things and educational materials, such as a pamphlet on the various techniques and advantages of family planning, marriage registration paperwork, condoms, oral contraceptives, emergency contraception, and other items.
- This package also contains supplementary items for the bride, such as a pregnancy test kit, towels, comb, bindi, nail cutter, and a mirror.
- The implementation of this program is not the responsibility of a single individual; rather, a number of employees are undergoing training in order to acquire the skills necessary to effectively persuade married couples to embrace family planning techniques via the Odisha Nai Pahal Scheme 2022.
- Odisha is the first state in the nation to initiate the project, and the State Mission Director of the National Health Mission, Shalini Pandit, said that “despite having a low total fertility rate (TFR),” Odisha is the first state to launch the campaign.
- The term “total fertility rate” (TFR) refers to the average number of children that are born to women throughout the course of their reproductive years.
- The total fertility rate in the state of Odisha is just 1.8, which is lower than the average of 2 for all states in India.
The eligibility requirements for this scheme are as follows:
- The applicant must be a state resident of Odisha.
- Newly married couples are the only ones eligible for this scheme.
Documents Needed for Nai Pahal Scheme
- Aadhar card of the applicant
- Mobile number
- Permanent resident certificate
- And some passport-size photographs of both the bride and the groom.
How to Get Wedding Kits Under Odisha Nai Pahal Scheme
As the scheme is under the health authorities so Asha accredited social health activist has given the charge for providing the benefits of kits under the scheme. They will not only provide kits but also focus on the aim of the scheme, which is to increase awareness of the family planning methods by making newly married couples understand the temporary and permanent methods.
As soon as the month of September started, the workers of an ASHA visited the houses of marriages and there they distributed such kits. This will ensure the total awareness of the techniques such as contraceptive pills and their side effects and also their time of effectiveness.