how to apply for Aadhaar card| Aadhaar card online registration| eligibility, types, status check, service list, and benefits| @ uidai.gov.in
Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has issued Aadhaar card, It is mandatory for every person in India to have an Aadhaar card. Aadhaar Card contains 12 Digit Unique Identity Numbers by the Unique Identification Authority of India, Residents get this number when they provide their biometric and demographic information. Numerous details are linked from the Aadhaar card such as fingerprint, photograph, and iris scanner, it is used as proof of your identity and address. In this article, we will provide you with all the information related to Aadhaar cards.
The UIDAI issued the Aadhaar number it has a 12-digit unique number to all Indian residents after completing the verification process prescribed by the authority. Aadhaar cards apply online as well any person of any age who is a resident of India can voluntarily enroll for obtaining an Aadhaar number without any gender discrimination. The person desiring of enrolling is required to provide the least demographic and biometric information during the enrollment process, which is completely free of cost. A particular has to enroll for Aadhaar only once and the oneness is acquired through the de-duplication system, only one Aadhaar is generated after de-duplication.
What is an Aadhaar card?
The Aadhaar number is authenticated through a low cost online method. It is solitary and secure enough to remove duplicate and fake identities and can be used as a prime identity for effectual delivery of various government welfare schemes and services, promoting transparency and good governance. It is the only program of its kind in the world to provide state-of-the-art digital and online identification free of cost to the public at large, which has the potential to transform the scope of service delivery operations in the country.
Eligibility criteria for enrolling for an Aadhaar card
The UIDAI issued Aadhaar to provide Indian citizens a document that may be used as distinctiveness identity proof for many reasons, There is further to it than an ID number. Although, not only Indian citizens are eligible to obtain an Aadhaar card.
- Applicants should be residents of India they are eligible to apply for an Aadhaar card.
- Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) who have lived in the country for a continuous period of 182 days are permitted to apply.
Types of Aadhaar card
Aadhaar card for Residents of India: Anyone can apply for an Aadhar card who is a resident of India, Government of India has made it necessary to link an Aadhar card with your PAN for filling their annual income tax return (ITR).
NRIs Aadhaar card: For the Aadhaar card any NRIs can apply who have a current Indian Passport, including minors and adults.
Aadhaar card for Minors: Residents of India below 18 years of age can get an Aadhaar card, they must have details of their parents for their identity and address proof. Newborn babies can also apply for an Aadhaar card, they must give their biometric updates when they turn 5 years old to 15 years of age.
Required Documents for Aadhaar card
You have to give documents proof at the time of Aadhaar enrolment, proof of address, proof of identity, proof of relationships, and date of birth:
- NREGA job card
- Kissan photo passbook
- Pensioners’ photo ID card
- Ration card
- ECHS photo card
- Voter id card
- Photo ID cards issued by the Government
- Address card containing name and picture issued by the department of posts
- PAN card
- Proof of address
These Documents which we can used as proof of address
- Bank statement
- The signed letter has a photo from the bank on a letterhead
- Government photo id cards or PSU-issued service photo identity card
- Address card with a photo issued by the department of posts
- Signed letter with a photo and issued by a recognized educational institution on a letterhead
- Property tax receipt
- Gas connection bill
- Vehicle registration certificate
- Ration card
- Proof of age
Required Documents which we can used as proof of age
- PAN card
- Marksheet issued by government university or board
- SSC certificate
- State/central pension payment order
- Birth certificate
- Certificate of date of birth and issued by the group a gazetted officer on a letterhead
- Proof of relationship
Documents which we can used as proof of relationship
- PDS card
- Job card of MNREGA
- Birth certificate issued by the register of birth or municipal corporation or local government
You have to download the form from the official website www.uidai.gov.in, And you can also go to your nearest Aadhaar Card Enrollment Center and submit the Aadhaar Card Enrollment Form which is free of cost., to apply for a new Aadhaar card or update your information on your present card.
If you want to update your demographic details and biometric details on your Aadhaar card, then you will have to pay ₹ 50 for demographic and ₹ 100 for biometrics at your Aadhaar card Enrollment Center.
How to apply for an Aadhaar card?
- First of all, you have to visit your nearest Aadhaar Card Enrollment Center
- Then you have to fill all your information in the Aadhaar Card Enrollment Form
- Here, you have to provide your biometric data and photographs
- After enrollment, you will get an acknowledgment slip that will contain your enrollment number, you can use it to check your Aadhaar card status online.
- Send off the Aadhaar card to the address of the applicant.
How to check status updates online?
- You have to click on ‘Check Aadhaar Update Status’ which comes under the ‘Update Aadhaar’ section.
- You will have to enter the service request number and SRN number into it.
- Aadhaar status update will be available online
|Official Website||Click Here|
|Home Page||Click Here|