Zydus Cadila’s Needle-Free ZyCoV-D Vaccine Update | ZyCoV-D Vaccine Price in India | Side Effects of ZyCoV-D Vaccine | ZyCoV-D Vaccine Efficacy
A newly developed DNA vaccine is ready to launch in India with expert research and analysis. Given below are some important specifications regarding the newly developed ZyCoV-D Vaccine. March news regarding the registration of this vaccine is not yet available by the authorities of Cadila Healthcare Limited. It is said that this vaccine is one of the very first DNA vaccines present in the world and it will surely give fruitful results in the future. Given below are some important specifications regarding ZyCoV-D Vaccine Registration in India. We will also share with you all the Efficacy Rate, Side Effects, Price of the vaccine.
ZyCoV-D Vaccine Registration in India
ZyCoV-D Cadila vaccine is a vaccine that has been approved for emergency use by the Indian Central Drug Authorities. It is a three-dose vaccine system that is the world’s first and India’s indigenously developed DNA-based vaccine for coronavirus. It is said that around 10 to 12 crore doses will be prepared annually for this vaccine. A trial was conducted for around 28000 volunteers and the efficiency of this vaccine came to around 66.6% for symptomatic RT PCR positive cases. It was one of the largest vaccine trials in India.
Read More :- Vaccine Slot Finder
Details Of Zydus Cadila’s Needle-Free Vaccine
|Name||ZyCoV-D Vaccine Registration in India|
|Developed by||Cadila Healthcare Limited|
|Launched Date||August 2021|
|Vaccine Type||DNA Vaccine|
|Official Website||Click Here|
- Zydus Cadila is setting up a new facility to manufacture up to 120 million doses a year.
- This would mean up to 40 million people can be vaccinated with three shots of ZyCov-D in a year.
- The new facility is expected to be ready by the end of August, and production is expected to begin by mid-August.
- The company will be producing 10 million doses every month from then on and hopes to supply 50 million doses to the country by December.
Development Of The Vaccine
ZyCoV-D vaccine was developed by Cadila Healthcare Limited in partnership with the Department of BioTechnology. This is the second homegrown vaccine that will get emergency authorization by the authorities in India. The vaccine is also effective against the new coronavirus mutant especially the delta variant which was developed recently in India. This vaccine shot is administered using a needle-free applicator as opposed to the traditional syringe applicators available for all of the other vaccines present in the world as of now. The company is looking forward to developing around a hundred million to 120 million doses annually in order to stockpile the vaccine.
ZyCoV-D Vaccine Efficacy Rate
ZyCoV-D vaccine trial was conducted in over 50 centers and also people were admitted in the adolescent population from the age group of 12 to 18 years. Thousands of people were enrolled in this adolescent age group and the vaccine was also found safe and very well tolerated among these groups of people. The efficiency of the vaccine is at 66.6% and after the 3rd dose, 100% efficacy was recorded for moderate diseases. You can now also get your children vaccinated with this vaccine if your child is above the age of 12 years.
Other Covid Related Searches
- Covid 19 Vaccine For Kids in India
- Sputnik Vaccine Registration in India
- Corona Vaccine 18+ Free Registration
- Corona 3rd Wave in India
- Vaccine Slot Finder
- Covishield vs Covaxin vs Sputnik- Better Choice?
- Covaxin Registration Online
ZyCoV-D Vaccine Price
The price of the vaccine has not yet been determined by the authorities because of the delay in the launch date. The launch of the vaccine is scheduled by the end of the month of August from the concerned department after they have created a whole new set to create this vaccine on a larger scale.
Side Effects Of The Vaccine
As per the suggestions made by the experts, it is said that the DNA vaccines are non-infectious by nature and as a result, they do not involve the use of other potentially harmful particles like viral vectors. They are also not at risk of vaccine-enhanced diseases; however, research regarding this vaccine is doing rounds. The Phase 3 trial research is also going strong as of now.
Working Of The Vaccine
Given below are the details regarding the working of the newly developed vaccine by the concerned authorities:-
- ZyCov-D is a “plasmid DNA” vaccine that uses a genetically engineered, non-replicating version of a type of DNA molecule known as a ‘plasmid’.
- The plasmids, in this case, are coded with the instructions to make the spike protein of SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus that causes Covid-19.
- Vaccination gives the code to cells in the recipient’s body, so they can begin making the spiky outer layer of the virus.
- The immune system is expected to recognize this as a threat and develop antibodies in response.