National Overseas Scholarship 2021 Apply Online | National Overseas Scholarship Benefits | Application Form for National Overseas Scholarship, Last Date
National Overseas Scholarship is a scholarship scheme conducted by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment. The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment will open the site for submission of online applications for the National Overseas Scholarship Scheme from September 1, 2021, to October 15, 2021, until 5:00 p.m. Before applying, all interested individuals are urged to read the National Overseas Scholarship 2020-21 Scheme Guidelines that will be available on the portal. The Scheme gives financial help to selected students to pursue Master’s and Ph.D. level courses in any field of study abroad at certified Institutions / Universities by an authorized body of that country. The income for the Financial Year 2020-21 would be necessary in the case of income data. As a result, only the family income / individual income for the selection year 2020-21 may be submitted.
National Overseas Scholarship 2023
The national overseas scholarship program provides financial assistance to students who wish to pursue higher education abroad. Scheduled Caste (SC), Landless Agricultural Labourers, Denotified Nomadic & Semi-Nomadic Tribes, and Traditional Artisan category students are eligible for a national foreign scholarship from the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment. Students can also receive financial aid to pursue a Master’s degree or a Ph.D. abroad at a prestigious foreign university to improve their social and economic status. Scholarship awardees will receive a USD 15,400 yearly maintenance stipend, as well as other advantages.
Highlights of National Overseas Scholarship 2023
|Scholarship Name||National Overseas Scholarship|
|Conducted By||Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment|
|Eligibility||Undergraduate or postgraduate degree holders aspiring to pursue higher education overseas|
|Region||India and Other Countries|
|Rewards||Up to USD 15,400|
|Application Last Date||March 31, 2021|
Objectives of National Overseas Scholarship
The scholarship Scheme of the Central Sector aims to help economically weaker section candidates from various categories like Denotified Nomadic and Semi-Nomadic Tribes, Scheduled Castes (SC), Landless Agricultural Laborers, and Traditional Artisans to obtain higher education, such as a Master’s or Ph.D., by studying abroad, thereby improving their economic and social status.
Read more :- PM Scholarship Scheme 2022
Features of National Overseas Scholarship
- The NOS 2023 program provides extensive financial assistance to qualified individuals. It covers a variety of expenditures, including tuition, living allowances, housing, flights, and medical insurance.
- Applicants must fulfil particular government requirements to be eligible for the NOS 2023 programme.
- The NOS 2023 program provides scholarships in a variety of subjects, appealing to Indian students’ different academic interests.
- Students in engineering, medicine, humanities, sciences, social sciences, or management can pick from famous universities throughout the world, increasing their chances of admission to their desired path of study.
- The program works with famous universities and institutions all across the world. These collaborations ensure that scholarship winners have access to high-quality educational and research resources.
- The ability for students to immerse themselves in diverse cultures, create global relationships, and broaden their worldviews is one of the program’s main benefits.
- Scholars have the opportunity to meet with professionals, experts, and fellow students, which may lead to internships, research partnerships, and job placements in prestigious organizations throughout the world.
- NOS scholars are supposed to return to India after finishing their studies and contribute to the development of the nation.
To apply for scholarship 2021, the following eligibility criteria is required:
- The age of the applicant must not exceed 35 years as of 1st April of the academic year.
- From all sources, the family’s annual income must not exceed INR 8,00,000.
- The national abroad scholarship is only open to only two children from the same family.
- Applicants must achieve valid scores on exams such as IELTS, PTE, GMAT, GRE, and others.
- Candidates seeking a bachelor’s degree are ineligible to apply for the national foreign scholarship.
- Those who are currently residing outside of India are ineligible to apply for the national overseas scholarship.
For Master’s Degree
Candidates who wish to study for a master’s degree in a foreign university through the Indian government’s national overseas scholarship scheme must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have qualified for their bachelor’s degree with at least 55% of marks.
- Applicants with two years of relevant work experience will be given preference by the selection committee.
For Ph.D. Degree
Candidates who wish to study for a Ph.D. Degree in a foreign university through the Indian government’s national overseas scholarship scheme must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have qualified for their Master’s degree with at least 55% of marks.
- Applicants with two years of teaching, research, professional knowledge, and an MPhil degree in the relevant discipline are preferred by the scholarship program.
For Postdoctoral Research
Candidates who wish to study Postdoctoral Research in a foreign university through the Indian government’s national overseas scholarship scheme must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have qualified for their Master’s degree or Ph.D. Degree with at least 55% of marks.
- Candidates with two years of teaching, research, and professional experience in the relevant subject are preferred by the scholarship program.
Selection Process of National Overseas Scholarship
Applicants are chosen mostly based on their academic ability and financial necessity. Once the scholarship form is submitted, the responsible body will publish it. The list of all those applicants that have been selected for the scholarship. Some of the factors that are being considered for selection are as follows:
- All national foreign scholarship application forms are considered by the committee. however, the National Overseas Scholarship application form must be submitted before the application deadline.
- Candidates who have been accepted to a foreign university will be given preference by the committee.
- Candidates who have not yet been accepted to a foreign university will be considered on a conditional basis by the authorities.
- Additional interviews or group discussions will not be conducted by the competent authority.
- In the event of a tie between two or more candidates, the authorities will proceed as follows:
- The vacant position will be given to the most qualified female candidates first.
- Following that, the authorities will award the nominee a national foreign scholarship based on his or her age. The first open place will be given to the eldest applicant.
Reservation for National Overseas Scholarship
The Indian government’s national overseas scholarship schemes grant 100 seats based on categories and programs. They offer scheduled tribal students, nomadic and semi-nomadic tribes, landless agricultural laborers, and traditional craftspeople a national overseas scholarship.
Course-Based National Overseas Scholarship
Each course has a different reservation for the scholarship. The following are the specific details:
|Agricultural Sciences and Medicine||17|
|Engineering and Management||32|
|Pure Sciences and Applied Sciences||17|
|Humanities and Social Sciences||17|
|International Commerce Accounting and Finance||17|
Category-Based National Overseas Scholarship
Details about the scholarship seat distribution based on categories are provided in the table:
|Nomadic and semi-nomadic tribes||6|
|Landless agricultural laborers and traditional artisans||4|
Read More: MOMA Scholarship 2022
Documents Required for National Overseas Scholarship
The applicants applying for the scholarship need to submit the documents as proof along with their application form. The absence of any document will lead to the rejection of the application. The documents required to apply for the scholarship are given below:
- Recent passport size photograph
- 10th class certificate
- Date of Birth certificate
- Caste certificate
- Scanned signature
- Current address proof
- Permanent address proof (if they are staying at different addresses)
- Income certificate
- Qualifying degree or provisional certificate
- Mark sheets of every semester
- Valid documents for their qualifying Exam Scores
- Admission to the foreign university, including application, registration, or any other documents regarding their entries.
- Applicants’ exam SGPA / CGPA certificate
- Applicants need to submit an affidavit or evidence of their GAP details if their bachelor’s degree completion date is more than six months away.
- NOC certificate from the employer (if applicable)
- If the candidate is filing an ITR, an income tax return certificate must be provided.
Steps to apply for National Overseas Scholarship 2023
To apply for the National Overseas Scholarship 2023, applicants need to follow the following step by step procedure:
- First of all, go to the official website of the scholarship i.e., http://nosmsje.gov.in/
- On the homepage of the website, click on the ‘Login/Register’ option.
- Scholarship Login page will open on the screen.
- Now click on the ‘Register Yourself’ option, if you haven’t registered yet.
- ‘Registration form’ page will open on the screen.
- Fill in the registration form with all the required details like ‘First Name’, ‘Middle Name’, ‘Last Name’, ‘Full Name’, ‘Mobile Number’, ‘Email Id’, ‘Date of Birth’. Also, Select the ‘Category’.
- After that select, the ‘State of 10th board’, enter the ‘10th Certificate Number’, ‘Year of Passing’.
- Upload the 10th class Certificate.
- Finally, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the registration process.
- After successfull registration, you will receive the ‘User Id’ and ‘Password’ on your registered Email Id and Phone Number.
- Save the ‘User Id’ and ‘Password’ for future reference.
- Once you have successfully registered yourself, log in to your account with your registered login Id and Password.
- Now click on the ‘Apply Now button
- After clicking on the ‘Apply Now button, the ‘Application Form’ will open on the screen.
- Now fill in the form with all the required details like ‘Personal Details’, ‘Qualification details’, ‘Address Details’, ‘Foreign University Details’, etc.
- After that upload all the required documents in the given format and size.
- Review and recheck the filled form to avoid any mistakes.
- Finally, click on the ‘Submit’ button to submit the application form.
For further details or in case of any query or complaint related to the scholarship, feel free to contact on the below contact number and e-mail Id:
- Contact Number: 011-23384023
- Contact Number for Technical Questions: 011-23070579
- Email ID: [email protected]