As we know that in our country, students are seeking for Scholarships so they can get benefits from it. So the UGC has announced the Scholarship Program which is called Kothari Fellowship 2023. This Scholarship program will benefit all the candidates who wants to pursue Ph.D. students can apply for this research scholarship which is presented by the organisation to encourage the research academics in our country. You will also get to know all the important details regarding this scholarship. And we will also talk about eligibility criteria amount and the last date to fill up the application form, and many more. Read this article to the end.
Kothari Fellowship 2023
This Scholarship Scheme ‘Kothari Fellowship 2022’ has specially made for the young and eligible researchers, because there are so many students who could not continue their research for some reasons. This will benefit them to continue their research academic careers with the help of this Scholarship. The aim of this scholarship is to encourage the research culture in India. Almost 500 students will get 46500 per month to continue their research academically. The selection of the candidates will be done throughout the year and three years’ benefit will be provided to the candidates.
Kothari Postdoctoral Fellowship Details
|Name of the Scheme||Kothari Fellowship 2022|
|Objective||Providing research scholarships|
The scholarship scheme will be available only for the following duration:-
The Kothari Scholarship Scheme can be applied only for 3 years and Candidates can choose their interested field at any time in the 3 years, so the Kothari Postdoctoral Fellowship’s time period remains open throughout the year and when the candidate is being selected for the Kothari Postdoctoral Fellowship the candidate has to join the department and the mentor within the time period of 6 months only from the date of issuance of the letter of the award of the fellowship.
Benefits of Kothari Postdoctoral Fellowship
- The Benefits will be provided to the candidates in this Fellowship Programme are as Follows-
- Contingency at Rs.1,00,000/-p.a.
- Rs. 43,800/- pm for I year
- Rs. 46,500/- pm for III year
- Rs.45,000/- pm for II year
Rewards Of Kothari Fellowship Scheme
|Ds Kothari Fellowship amount||In the 1st Year candidates receive a monthly fellowship amount of INR 43,800. & In the 2nd year Candidates will receive a monthly fellowship amount of INR 45,000. The candidates in the last year receive a monthly fellowship amount of INR 46,500 per month.|
|Contingency grant||An annual amount of INR 1 Lakh is provided to the candidates as a contingency grant.|
|HRA (House Rent Allowance)||The candidates’ applicable HRA as per rules would be paid in case hostel accommodation is not available in the institution.|
Kothari Fellowship Eligiblity Criteria
- Candidates who Unemployed PhD Awarded Holders will be eligible for the award of Post Doctoral Fellowship.
- The Following candidate must have a doctorate degree in the relevant subject preferably with published research work to their credit.
- The Age limit for applicants is 35 years, relaxation in age for SC/ST/OBC/Women candidates applicable as per Government of India Norms.
- D. Degree Certificate or Certificate by the PhD guide/Registrar of University or Institute
- D. work summary in the prescribed format
- Reserved Category/Physically Handicapped Certificate if applicable
- Concept proposal of the postdoctoral research in the prescribed format
- NET/SET Certificate if applicable
- The CV of the Mentor in the prescribed format
- Original Certificate of Mentor on proper letterhead specifying that he/she is willing to guide the applicant for his/her Postdoc Research work in the prescribed format
- Certificates of Graduation and Post graduation
- Certificate as proof of age such as class 10 certificate
Kothari Fellowship Selection Process
- The selection process has to be completed within 6 weeks of the receipt of the individual application.
- The selection process is open all year long in `…as and when…. ‘ mode and not restricted by any specified deadlines as thesis submission and award of Ph. D degree is an open-ended process. There is a rolling advertisement on the UGC website; other institutions and UGC affiliates should be encouraged to replicate it on theirs.
- There could be up to 500 such awards every year, making it to about 1000 at its peak.
- There is a standing (core) peer group that is able to access the applications on the web and grade them electronically. On the basis of the grades received (electronically) from the peer group, the Chair of this group takes the final decision.
- There is a designated website to apply for the fellowships. The entire process is being carried out online.
Application Procedure of Kothari Fellowship Scheme
You Need to follow the steps below to apply in this scheme
- First of all go to the Official Website
- Now the Homepage of Website will open
- Now search for the Official Notification or Click on the Link Below to go the Official Notification Page.
- Read the Ofiicial Notification Carefully.
- The official notification has the Application Form in it.
- Now take a printout of the Application Form.
- Fill up the Application Form.
- Now you ll have to attach all the required Documents.
- You have to send the Application form to the following address-
- The National Coordinator,
- Dr D.S. Kothari Postdoctoral Fellowship Cell
- C/o Interdisciplinary School of Scientific Computing
- Savitribai Phule Pune University
- Ganeshkhind Post Office, Pune 411 007.
- Address: The National Coordinator, Dr D.S. Kothari Postdoctoral Fellowship Cell, C/o Interdisciplinary School of Scientific Computing, Savitribai Phule Pune University, Ganeshkhind Post Office, Pune 411 007. India
- Phone No.: 020 25601406
- Email ID: [email protected]