Here in this article, we are going to discuss the latest scheme called, the Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme 2023 is a state government project that aims to help pregnant women and new mothers financially. This Scheme would provide eligible pregnant women and new mothers with Rs 6,000 in three instalments. The first instalment of Rs 2,000 will be given during the first trimester of pregnancy, the second instalment of Rs 2,000 will be given after the delivery, and the third and final instalment of Rs 2,000 will be given after the child has reached the age of one year and has received all necessary vaccinations. In this blog, we have mentioned all the important details such as benefits, eligibility criteria, required documents list, and much more detailed information about this scheme, so those who are willing to get benefited from this scheme are advised to read this article till the end.
Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme 2023
The Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme is a government scheme that provides financial help to widows and single women in Karnataka. The program is intended to empower women by providing them with a means to sustain themselves and their families while also improving their level of living. This Scheme is part of the state government’s greater endeavour to promote gender equality and the welfare of women in Karnataka. The government’s goal with this scheme is to guarantee that all women in the state have access to the resources they need to flourish and achieve, regardless of marital status or family circumstances. This scheme is anticipated to improve the lives of thousands of women in Karnataka and contribute to the state’s overall growth.
Overview Details of Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme 2023
|Name of the Post||Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme|
|Launched in||Karnataka State only|
|Launched by||CM HD Kumaraswamy|
|Tentative implementation||1st November 2018|
|Beneficiaries||Pregnant women from BPL Category|
Objective of Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme 2023
The goal of this plan is to give financial help to pregnant women and nursing mothers in the state of Karnataka in order to improve their health and nutrition and ensure better results for both mother and child. The initiative intends to alleviate the state’s malnutrition problem among women and children by giving assistance to women throughout the key time of pregnancy and breastfeeding, lowering the incidence of low birth weight and stunting in children. Furthermore, the plan intends to encourage pregnant and nursing women to follow healthy practices such as regular prenatal check-ups, a good diet, and breastfeeding.
Benefits of Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme
- Pregnant mothers who qualify for the initiative get a one-time payment of Rs. 6,000. This help can be used to cover medical costs associated with pregnancy, labour, and post-natal care.
- The program’s goal is to minimise maternal mortality by ensuring that pregnant women receive adequate medical care and attention.
- The scheme’s financial aid ensures that pregnant women have access to better medical facilities and treatment, which can lead to better health outcomes for both the mother and the child.
- The plan also intends to raise pregnant women’s knowledge of the necessity of prenatal care and adequate nutrition throughout pregnancy.
- The programme promotes women’s empowerment by giving them with the required financial aid and support throughout pregnancy, which can enhance their overall health and well-being.
- The pregnant woman must be a resident of Karnataka.
- The pregnant woman must be at least 19 years old.
- The woman’s family income should be below a certain threshold.
- The woman must not have more than two living children.
- The woman must have registered for antenatal care at a government health facility.
- The woman must be in good health, and her pregnancy must not have any complications.
Required Documents List
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Residence
- Maternity Certificate
- Bank Account Details
- Income Certificate
- Mobile Number
- Passport-size photograph.
Registration Procedure Under Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme 2023
- First, visit the Official Website of the Department of Women and Child Development, Government of Karnataka.
- On the homepage, click on the “Schemes” tab and then select “Mathrushree Scheme” from the drop-down menu.
- On the home page, click on the “Apply Now” button.
- You will be directed to a new page where you can read the instructions and guidelines for the scheme. Make sure to read them carefully before proceeding with the registration process.
- After reading the instructions, click on the “Proceed” button.
- Next, you will be asked to enter your personal details such as name, age, contact number, and email ID.
- After entering your personal details, you will be asked to upload certain documents such as your Aadhaar card, bank account details, and pregnancy-related medical reports.
- Make sure to upload all the necessary documents and cross-check them for any errors or mistakes.
- Once you have uploaded all the documents, click on the “Submit” button.
- After submitting your application, you will receive a confirmation message on your registered mobile number and email ID.
- Your application will be reviewed by the concerned authorities and you will be notified about the status of your application via SMS or email.
- If your application is approved, you will receive the benefits from this Scheme directly in your bank account.