Village Defence Guards Scheme Benefits, Eligibility & How to Apply | Village Defence Guards Online Registration, VDGS Salary, |India is known in the world for its defence systems, and the system has been growing for years and years. The government of India spends millions of rupees on the defence system for the safety of the country. The government of Jammu and Kashmir has launched a scheme at the village level of the state to make the state free of terrorism and cross terrorsim. A Village Defence Guard scheme is launched in order to boost the security in the state at village level. In this article, we will learn about the benefits and importance of the scheme. Additionally, we will also learn about the application process and eligibility of the scheme.
JK Village Defence Guard Scheme
On August 14th, The Village Defence Guards Scheme, also known as VDGS, is a scheme that was announced for the state of Jammu and Kashmir. The main aim of the scheme is to make the defence system stronger in the state.This scheme is an initiative of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav. This initiative, which had a previous expiration date of September 30, 1995, was once known as the Village Defence Committee and involved both the Indian Army and the Police in training volunteers from local communities.
According to the government, starting on August 15th, the village defence guard will be responsible for securing communal installations and infrastructure facilities inside the limits of their village. These are the people who will be subject to the system day and night for the express purpose of protecting their areas from terrorists.
JK Village Defence Guard Scheme
|Name of Scheme||The Village Defence Guards Scheme|
|State||Jammu and Kashmir.|
|Launch Date||14 August 2022|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of Jammu and Kashmir|
JK Village Defence Guard Scheme Objective
The main objective of the scheme is to create a small group of volunteers among the armed villagers, especially in the border regions and the interior regions of the Jammu division. The plan’s provision of security and self-defence in bordering communities is another goal. The major objective of the scheme is to provide 24/7 security at village level for the safety of the citizens. The village defence members have long wished for this committee to have more structure and to have some pay choices available to them. A plan like this was thus implemented to safeguard the wellbeing of such guards.
Benefits of the JK Village Defence Guard Scheme
The organisation will be known as the Village Defence Group and will be patrolling day and night in a particular village or area.
- In order to promote self-defence, ensure the safety and security of such villages as well as the infrastructure installations in and around them, as well as to stop trans-border movement, the scheme organises a small group of volunteer armed civilians in designated villages along the borders and in-depth areas of the Jammu division.
- The Community Defence Guards would be in charge of protecting the infrastructure and communal buildings inside of their village, and they would conduct regular day and night patrols.
- The guards will be divided into different groups depending upon their previous experience and knowledge of the defence system.
- The Ex Service man will be also eligible for the scheme.
- It was important to change the present plan in light of the security situation in Jammu & Kashmir UT, particularly in the areas, in order to stop terrorist acts that were supported and inspired from across the border and to strengthen the security grid in the Union Territory.
- The applicant will be chosen from the particular village or area that will participate with hardship in the defence.
The Eligibility Criteria of the JK Village Defence Guard Scheme
The eligibility criteria will be as
- Youth who have proficiency in the handling of arms and ammunition
The Application Process of the JK Village Defence Guard Scheme
The government has not issued any application process for the scheme. The scheme is under process at government level and will be available for citizens soon. We will share any announcements made by the government as soon as they are made.