TNEA Counselling 2023 Registration, Application Form | TNEA Counselling College List, Choice Filling, Last Date, Cut Off and Rank List, Anna University Counselling 2023 | Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions are done through the entrance examination which is conducted by the official Government agency. The students who are interested in taking admission to various engineering colleges present in the prestigious colleges and universities in Tamil Nadu will first have to pass the entrance examination conducted by the Anna University of the state. After you have successfully given the written examination you will be called for the counselling procedure. Given below are the details regarding the TNEA Counselling 2023. We will also share with you all the important dates, counselling fees and the step-by-step counselling procedure that you need to undertake.
TNEA Counselling 2023
TNEA Counselling is done after the candidates have successfully passed the written examination for entrance to various engineering courses in the prestigious universities and colleges of Tamil Nadu State. The candidates will have to go through the counselling round after they have successfully submitted the counselling fees. In the counselling round, the candidates are asked questions related to their educational background and their personal details. The documents that the candidates need to produce are also verified in the counselling procedure taken up by the authorities of the organisation responsible for admissions.
Details Of TNEA Counselling 2023
|Exam Name||Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission|
|Examination Level||State Level|
|Conducting Authority||Anna University|
TNEA Exam Dates
|Events||Dates 2022 (Announced)|
|TNEA 2022 Notification||8th June 2022|
|Application Form availability||20th June 2022|
|Last date to apply||27th July 2022|
|Random numbers allotment||2nd August 2022|
|Certificate verification||Till 5th August 2022|
|Release of rank list/ merit list||16th August 2022|
|Grievances Addressal||16th to 19th August 2022|
|Counselling for special reservation category||20th to 23rd August 2022|
|Commencement of General category||25th August to 21st October 2022|
|End of counselling||Till 24th October 2022|
TNEA Counselling Schedule for Special Category
The counselling schedule for the special category in the year 2022 is given in the table below:-
|Events||Dates for Government 7.5% preferential Quota||Special General counselling dates|
|Commencement of TNEA counselling||August 20, 2022||August 21 to 22, 2022|
|Publication of tentative allotment||August 20, 2022||August 23, 2022|
|Confirmation of tentative allotment||August 21, 2022||August 23, 2022|
|Publication of provisional allotment||August 21, 2022||August 24, 2022|
TNEA Counselling College List
- Government Engineering Colleges
- Government Aided Engineering Colleges
- Self- Financing Engineering Colleges
- University Departments of Engineering
TNEA Counselling Schedule for Vocational Category
|Commencement of TNEA counselling||August 25, 2022|
|Publication of tentative allotment||August 28, 2022|
|Confirmation of tentative allotment||August 28 to 29, 2022|
|Publication of provisional allotment||August 30, 2022|
TNEA Rank Wise Counselling Dates
|Rounds||Marks Range||Ranks||Choice Filling||Tentative Allotment of Seats||Confirming tentative seat allotment||Publication of Provisional seat allotment|
|Round 1||200||184.505||1||14524||August 25 to 27, 2022||August 28, 2022||August 28 to 29, 2022||August 30, 2022|
|Round 2||184.500||163.000||14525||45577||September 9 to 11, 2022||September 12, 2022||September 12 to 13, 2022||September 14, 2022|
|Round 3||162.995||130.250||45578||94620||September 23 to 25, 2022||September 26, 2022||September 26 and 27, 2022||September 28, 2022|
|Round 4||130.000||77.500||94621||156278||October 9 to 11, 2022||October 12, 2022||October 12 to 13, 2022||October 14, 2022|
TNEA Special Reservation Counselling Schedule 2023
|Starting Date||Ending Date||Counselling Process||Special Reservation Category|
|To be notified||To be notified||Initial Payment (Rs. 5000/- for OC/BC/BCM/MBC and Rs. 1000/- for SC/SCA/ST)||EMINENT SPORTS PERSON WARDS OF EX-SERVICEMEN DIFFERENTLY-ABLED PERSON 6 TH TO 12TH STUDIED IN GOVERNMENT SCHOOL|
|To be notified||To be notified||Choice Filling|
|To be notified||To be notified||Tentative Allotment & Confirmation of Tentative Allotment|
|To be notified||Provisional allotment|
Before successfully taking the counselling, you will need to submit the following counselling fees:-
|General Candidates||Rs 5000|
|SC / SCA / ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu||Rs 1000|
Cut Off of TNEA 2023 Counselling
The cut off list for the applicants is now available on the official website of the university, those applicants who have registered themselves under this, are advised to visit the website oftenly to get more details. The list was published in the month of October and now its is totally available for the applicants. There you can check category wise list of cut off, and the authorities have set the factors such as, previous year cut off, and available seats for the applied candidates.
TNEA 2023 Counselling Procedure
The counselling will be done by the authorities taking into consideration a detailed counselling procedure given below in the following list:-
- First of all, the aspirants have to register for TNEA 2022.
- Applicants who do not have an internet connection can use the TFCs which will help them register for the exam.
- The candidates have to enter all their basic details such as name, date of birth, mobile number and email address among others in the application form to register for the exam.
- The candidates who have successfully registered for the exam, have to pay the counselling fee as per their category.
- Now the candidates will have to fill in their basic details such as details of the nativity, nationality, category, marks of qualifying examination and board name within a given period of time.
- The candidates will have to successfully submit the duly filled application form to their concerned organisation or institution.
- All the registered candidates will be allotted a 10-digit random number.
- The purpose of the random number of TNEA 2022 is to help break the deadlock between candidates if there is a tie even after exhausting all tie-breaking rules.
- The candidates will now be required to go to the TFCs with their application, original certificates and their photocopies.
- Students will be given a week’s time to choose the closest TFC which can be in any district across the state.
- During this time, students will also be handed out a booklet with information on all colleges, seats and courses. This handbook will also be available online. Besides this, a video too will be displayed at the TFCs instructing the process to guide students.
- The candidates will have to carry important documents including-
- High school marksheet
- Intermediate marksheet
- Photo identity proof like Aadhaar card, election ID card, driving licence
- Transfer certificate from the last school attended
- Nativity certificate (in case applicable)
- Category certificate (applicable category
- Now, the real counselling procedure will commence.
- The counselling will comprise four to five rounds.
- Each round will be held over 5 days where candidates will have three days to enter their tentative option (college/course). They may take the next two days to confirm the allotment given to them.
- Students will have the option to carry this process online but they can also approach the TFCs for the same.
- At this stage, aspirants will be required to pay a sum of Rs. 5,000 (1,000 for SC/SCA/ST) as initial deposit for college admissions.
- During each stage, SMS, as well as an email alert, will be sent to candidates.
- The TNEA cutoff will also be released for all rounds of counselling.
- Separate cut off marks will be released by the authorities according to the round of counselling.
- The authority will release the first list of TNEA 2022 seat allotments. The list of candidates will be prepared solely on the basis of the merit list prepared by the authority, choices filled and category of the candidate.
- Candidates have to log in to their TNEA account to see the result of the seat allotment. Candidates can either accept the seat or surrender the seat to participate in the next round of seat allotment. After confirming the seat, candidates have to report to their respective institute/college of Tamil Nadu.
TNEA 2023 Educational Eligibility
|Category||Minimum Marks (12th )|
|Backward Class Including Backward Class Muslim||40%|
|MBC & DNC||40%|
Given below is the detail regarding the registration statistics of the people who are registering themselves for TNEA counselling:-
|Sports quota including academic and vocational||1,409|
|Total seat vacant as per the application current situation||50,748|
Factors Affecting The Rank List
There are a lot of different factors which will be affecting the construction of the rank list in the TNEA Exam. Given below is the list of factors affecting the rank list of the exam:-
- Percentage of marks in Mathematics
- Percentage of marks in Physics
- Percentage of marks in Chemistry
- Percentage of marks in the 4th optional subject
- Date of Birth (elder candidates are given preference)
- TNEA rank list is published depending on the overall rank, community-wise and region-wise.
TNEA 2023 Result Download
After successfully giving the examination the candidates will be selected by the authorities however if you want to check the result then you will have to follow the simple step-by-step procedure given below:-
- The candidates will first have to visit the official website of the Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission
- The homepage of the organisation will be displayed on your screen.
- You will have to go to the latest updates section.
- The latest updates regarding the TNEA 2022 Result will be displayed on your screen.
- You will have to click on the result link.
- A new page will be displayed on your screen.
- You will have to enter the details related to your personal information.
- You will have to enter your roll number and your name.
- The result will be displayed on your screen.
- The candidate will have to download the result by clicking on the download button.
- The candidates can also take a printout of the result for future use.
What is the Full Form of TNEA?
- Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA)