As it is well known, the Tripura government introduces several schemes each year for every industry within the state. The Puno Baniya Scheme is one of the schemes for the animal husbandry sector. The scheme is especially for animals like goats farming, sheep farming, pig farming etc. Tripura Puno Baniya Scheme 2023 is a policy that the central and provincial governments jointly implemented to help the animal husbandry sector grow and prosper. It provides financial assistance for the preservation of cattle through loans and subsidiary firms. Through this scheme, jobless youths may be granted the authority to start a goat farm and make money from it. Loans may also be offered for the same objective with the support of this scheme. According to the officials, an application with funding of Rs 2 lakh for each unit that aids piggeries is also under development.
Objectives and importance of Puno Baniya Scheme
According to the government, the Puno Baniya Scheme specifically encouraged goat livestock with the justification that goats are immune to several diseases and there are less chances for any major losses.Additionally, the meal change within the shelter is also generally lower for creature breeding than it is for other poultry. The initiative will incorporate both the preservation of species variety and provide unemployed youth with a means to enhance their daily income. The two challenges of the state within the one scheme will be resolved by this scheme.
Overview of the Puno Baniya Scheme
|Scheme Name||Puno Baniya Scheme|
|Represented by||Central as well as State government of Tripura|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of Tripura|
|Objective||preserve species diversity in the state and generate employment in state|
|Website||To Be Notified|
Benefits and Features of Puno Baniya Scheme
- Through the Puno Baniya Scheme jobless adolescents may be granted the authority to start a goat farm and other farms and make money from it. Loans may also be provided for the same objective with the assistance of this scheme.
- A money-related Husbandry application may be created to increase the income of tribal people, with Self Help Group donors earning INR 2,51,000 with each unit.
- Once the people start making money, they may pay their debts with the EMI from the revenue they generate from the farm animals.
- As part of this scheme, the beneficiaries will receive 12 goats—10 females and a couple of males. With this scheme, 9 months without an instalment charge are expected.
- The government can pay Rs. 1.44 lakh, and the relaxation of Rs. 125,500 is placed as a loan against the debts of SHG members.
- The principal objective of the scheme was to provide financial support for Tripura’s native people. The idea is that a scheme needs to be a line of credit linked to self association individuals in order to be able to make a significant quantity of money for the region’s indigenous native communities.
Eligibility and Document Requirements for Puno Baniya Scheme
According to the scheme, the following Eligibility and Documentation is required for each person’s eligibility:
- The Individual should be citizen of Tripura
- He/ She should hold any government Identity card like Aadhar Card, Election Card etc
- He/ She should have working Mobile number and email id
- He/ She must possess two current passport-size photos and be a member of SHG.
Telangana Arogya Lakshmi Scheme
Process for Puno Baniya Scheme
The government will shortly provide a reliable website from which an individual may exercise immediately for this scheme after it has been officially opened, so we can update you as soon as that website is freely visible. On June 15, 2022, a meeting was conducted inside the tribal welfare branch between the Council of Ministers and the officially approved Tripura Puno Baniya Scheme. Puno Baniya’s name translates to “goat business.” The primary goal of the plan was to provide financial support for Tripura’s native people.