India is a very large nation that is renowned for its religious traditions and culture. Millions of Indians travel from one state or nation to another to access their religious sites in an effort to strengthen their religious convictions. One of the yatras is the Kashi Yatra, in which the pilgrims visit Kashi. This pilgrimage is known as the Kashi Yatra. The chief minister has included a plan to offer 5000 rupee subsidies to pilgrims as part of this yatra in the budget for 2022. The Kashi Yatra Scheme in Karnataka is discussed in this article along with its advantages, goals, requirements, eligibility, registration process, and tour packages.
Kashi Yatra Scheme 2022
For the financial advantage of Karnataka citizens who want to visit Varanasi temple, the Karnataka government launched the Kashi Yatra Scheme.The Kashi Vishwanath temple in Varanasi is crowded by pilgrims each year. Residents of Karnataka also visit the Varanasi temple, although many of them find it challenging to do so because of their financial situation. Karnataka and Varanasi are separated by around 1700 miles, which is a significant distance.
In order to account for this, the government came up with the concept of giving 30,000 pilgrims a subsidy of Rs. 5000. For Yatris, this seven crore initiative represents a once-in-a-lifetime chance. Only interested pilgrims are permitted to do the Kashi Yatra journey. This yatra was included in the budget for 2022–2023, and the government also put out a plan to subsidise the Kashi Yatra Scheme.
Kashi Yatra Scheme 2022 Overview
|Name of Scheme||Kashi Yatra Scheme 2022|
|Introduced by||The Government of Karnataka|
|Objective||To provide pilgrims extra financial assistance|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of Karnataka|
Karnataka residents, particularly those with low incomes, struggle with a variety of financial issues and are unable to afford to travel to Kashi Yatra for pilgrimage. The Karnataka state government has thus started a scheme to give the yatris financial aid so they can finish the Kashi Yatra from Karnataka to Varanasi in light of these problems. The Bharat Gaurav train will travel from Bengaluru to Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, stopping at Ayodhya and Prayagraj on the way. The Bharat Gaurav train has been given a 500 billion rupee government grant. This train has 14 coaches, including 11 AC 3-tier coaches, and it covers 4100 kilometres in 7 days. As part of the Kashi Yatra, bhajans will be sung for pilgrims journeying from Karnataka to Varanasi on a section of the train that has been totally converted into a shrine.
The official announcement states that the total ticket for yatris travelling by rail would be Rs. 15,000, of which Rs. 5,000 will be provided to people through a programme run by the Karnataka Government. This support includes Yatris being apart, as well as providing financial assistance. The financing for the plan has been granted for Rs 7 crores under the account heading “Assistance to Manasa Sarovara Pilgrims.”
This scheme is open to pilgrims who travel to the Kashi Yatra in Karnataka between April and June. Pilgrims just need to present documentation of their temple visits, and the relevant agency will then notify them appropriately. For a pilgrim, this can only be used once throughout their lifetime. The railway department, which will be in charge of transporting pilgrims, will have a suitable plan for food and other essential travelling needs.
The government just recently suggested the Kashi Yatra project in the budget for 2022–2023, and the Karnataka government rapidly approved it in late June. The internet gateway for the scheme was opened shortly after June to enable pilgrims to apply for the subsidy.
In general, beneficiaries can apply for the Kashi Yatra Scheme subsidies on two official websites.
- Official Website Name: Hindu Religious Institutions And Charitable Endowments Department “itms.kar.nic.in”
- Official website Name: Seva Sindhu “evasindhuservices.karnataka.gov.in”
- A resident of Karnataka may only receive the benefit using a voter ID, Aadhaar, or ration card.
- Candidates must be at least eighteen.
- Previous recipients of subsidies are ineligible.
- A voter ID, Aadhaar card, or ration card are acceptable forms of identification as proof of Karnataka residency.
- Aadhaar cards, voter identification, etc. are examples of age proof.
- a photo the size of a passport.
- Mobile Contact
- Bank Account Information
- Latest Covid Negative Report as well as the COVID Vaccine Certificate
Kashi Yatra Scheme Registration Process
- Open the Kashi Yatra program’s official webpage. The URL for Karnataka is
- The “Kasi visit government subsidies” link may be found on the home page’s right side. Just click it.
- You will be sent to a screen where you may click “Don’t have an account Register Here” to create one.
- You’ll see the opening of a new window.
- Your Digilocker account may be connected to the Seva Sindhu Karnataka application.
- To proceed with Digilocker, you must provide your Aadhaar number below.
- You must enter your Aadhaar number before pressing the Next button.
- You will successfully register after the Seva Sindhu account is connected to the dig locker account and your identification procedure is finished.
- Following registration, you may access the same Kashi government benefit and log in using your newly formed username and password.
- You must fill out Form 2 and follow the other instructions after successfully logging in in order to properly register for this scheme.
- To begin, you must first access the website, “sevasindhuservices.karnataka.gov.in.”
- It will be displayed on the form’s page. You must select the “Apply for Service” option.
- Select “The following option cannot be chosen until your Aadhaar number has been entered.
- The registration process will be finished.
- You must provide your email address or cellphone number together with your password for the OTP, which you will receive via email or mobile number.
- The “Submit” button must then be clicked in order to submit your application for the scheme on this page.
- To begin, you must first access the website at “sevasindhuservices.karnataka.gov.in.”
- The status of the application may be viewed here.
- The department must first be chosen.
- The next step is to choose a service.
- The application ID you obtained after submitting your application must then be entered.
- After successfully entering the information in the boxes, click on “Check Status Now”
- The scheme’s status will now be shown to you.