GATE 2023 Application Form | GATE 2023 Syllabus | GATE 2023 Exam Date
The latest GATE examination will be conducted in the month of February 2022 for all of the aspirants who want to get admission to the prestigious universities of India. The result for this examination is valid for 3 years and during these three years, the candidates can take admission to the college of their choice through this certificate. Given below are some important specifications regarding the GATE Examination for the year 2022. We will also share with you all the step by step procedures through which you will be able to GATE 2023 Apply Online, Registration Last Date, Exam Pattern, Syllabus.
GATE 2023 Registration
Graduate Aptitude Test In Engineering is a National Level Examination which is conducted by various scientific institutions in India to provide eligibility to the people who are seeking admission in various Doctoral or Post Graduation courses available in India. It is a mandatory qualification to have passed the GATE examination in order to get a chance in the prestigious universities of India. The candidates who pass the GATE examination are given a chance to get admission to various institutions and continue their education.
Read More :- JEE Advanced 2021
Details Of GATE Registration
|Full-Form||Graduate Aptitude Test In Engineering|
|Level of Examination||National Level Examination|
Changes In GATE 2023
For the year 2022, GATE will be a fully Computer Based Test and also two new subject papers are introduced in this latest GATE examination which will be held in the year 2022. The total number of subject papers is now 29 and also the syllabus of each and every paper has been revised by the authorities. Three types of questions will be available in the examination and the eligibility criteria for the examination is also relaxed. There is no age limit to appear for the examination for the year 2022 and the result will remain valid for 3 years after the announcement as per the official website.
|Events||GATE Important Dates||Day|
|GATE Notification 2022 Date||31st July 2021||Saturday|
|GATE Application Form 2022||2nd September 2021 (Postponed)||Monday|
|Last Date of GATE Registration||24th September 2021||Friday|
|Last Date to Apply with Late Fees (Extended)||1st October 2021||Friday|
|Last Date to change Category, Paper and Exam citywith additional fee||12th November 2021||Friday|
|GATE Admit Card 2022 Download Date||3rd January 2022||Monday|
|GATE Exam Date 2022||5, 6, 12, and 13 February 2022||Saturday, Sunday|
|GATE Answer Key 2022||03rd week of February 2022|
|GATE Result Date 2022||17th March 2022||Thursday|
You can check out the detailed examination schedule for the examination in the year 2021 by checking out the table given below:-
|Week and Day||Time (IST)||Activities/Paper|
|Week 1 & Day 1||12:00 – 17:00 hrs||Miscellaneous Activities *|
|Week 1 & Day 2||9:30 – 12:30 hrs(Forenoon Session -FN)||CE-1, IN, CY|
|15:00 – 18:00 hrs(Afternoon Session -AN)||CE-2, PH, AR, BM, AE, MN|
|Week 1 & Day 3||9:30 – 12:30 hrs(Forenoon Session -FN)||EE, GG, AG, EY|
|15:00 – 18:00 hrs(Afternoon Session -AN)||EC, PE, ES, ST, PI|
|Week 2 & Day 4||12:00 – 17:00 hrs||Miscellaneous Activities *|
|Week 2 and Day 5||9:30 – 12:30 hrs(Forenoon Session -FN)||CS-1, MA, BT, CH, TF|
|15:00 – 18:00 hrs(Afternoon Session -AN)||CS-2, XE, XL|
|Week 2 and Day 6||9:30 – 12:30 hrs(Forenoon Session -FN)||ME-1, XH|
|15:00 – 18:00 hrs(Afternoon Session -AN)||ME-2, MT|
GATE Papers Code
Given below are the details regarding the paper code for the various papers which will be conducted in this examination:-
|Architecture and Planning||AR|
|Computer Science & Information Technology||CS|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC|
|Geology and Geophysics||GG|
|Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Textile Engineering & Fibre Science||TF|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY|
|Environmental Science and Engineering||ES|
|Humanities and Social Sciences||XH|
|Naval Architecture and MarineEngineering||NM|
Rea More- SSC CGL Syllabus
To apply for the examination you will have to follow the following eligibility criteria:-
- The students who are studying in the 3rd or final years of any undergraduate degree are now eligible for the examination. Also, students who have already completed any degree program approved by the government in Engineering, Technology, Architecture, Science,
- Commerce or Arts are eligible to appear for the GATE 2022 examination.
- You can apply for the examination if you are pursuing the following courses-
- BE/B. Tech/B. Pharma
- B.Sc (Research)/B.S
- Professional Society Examination (equivalent to B.E./B. Tech/B. Arch)
- M.Sc./M.A./MCA or equivalent
- Integrated M.E/M.Tech (Post – B.Sc)
- Integrated M.Sc./Integrated B.S-M.S
- Integrated M.E./M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)
- The candidates in their final year of Graduation are also eligible to apply for the GATE entrance examination.
- Candidates who are pursuing or have passed their graduation in either Engineering, Technology, Architecture, Science, Commerce or Arts in a relevant discipline can apply for the course.
- There are no minimum pass percentage criteria defined.
- There is no age limit defined to apply for the GATE exam.
- The candidates should have Indian nationality to apply for GATE 2022. Candidates belonging to Nepal, Bangladesh, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia, and the United Arab Emirates are also eligible for the GATE 2022 exam.
- For International Students
- Candidates living in Nepal, Bangladesh, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia, and the United Arab Emirates are also eligible to apply for GATE 2022. Candidates from these countries must have completed or must be in their final year or in the pre-final year of their bachelor’s degree in engineering and technology or equivalent.
Documents Required (Indian Candidates)
The following documents must be submitted by the Indian candidates in order to apply for the examination successfully:-
- Your name, your date of birth, your mobile number, parent’s name, parent’s mobile number.
- Residential Address for Communication with an area PIN code.
- Degree scanned with a size under 10-300 kb in pdf format (upload only one page of anyone document)
- For Engineering Degree course completion certificate/provisional certificate/8th Semester mark sheet/7th-semester mark sheet/6th-semester mark sheet/Pre or final year mark sheet in case of integrated degree/AMIE and Completed one section/Provisional Certificate Letter.
- For Science Degree course completion certificate/provisional certificate/4th Semester mark sheet/3rd-semester mark sheet/2nd-semester mark sheet/1st-year mark sheet/Pre-final year mark sheet in case of integrated degree/Provisional Certificate Letter
- College address with a PIN code
- Choice of GATE examination cities
- Scanned image of the thumb impression of size 2-150 kb in jpeg/jpg
- Scanned image of your photograph of size 5-200 kb in jpeg/jpg
- ID Proof: Passport/PAN Card/Voter ID/Aadhaar UID/Driving License/College ID/Employee ID card
- Bank details for application fees
- Scanned image of your signature of size 5-150 kb in jpeg/jpg
- Scanned copy of Category/PwD Certificate (if applicable) in size 10-300 kb in pdf
Read More: UPSC Calendar 2022
You must submit the following examination fees in order to be eligible for the examination:-
|For Examination Centres in India||On or Before 30th Sept. 2020||During the Extended Period|
|Female candidates||₹ 750||₹ 1250|
|SC/ST/PwD* category candidates||₹ 750||₹ 1250|
|All other candidates||₹ 1500||₹ 2000|
|For Examination Centres outside India (All Candidates)|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu||US$ 50||US$ 70|
|Dubai and Singapore||US$ 100||US$ 120|
The applicant must for the following examination pattern in order to be eligible for the vacancy:-
|Exam Duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Number of Subjects/Papers||29 (Increased from 27)|
|Sections||General Aptitude (GA) and Candidate’s Selected Subject i.e. core subject|
|Number of Questions||65 questions general Aptitude: 10 QuestionsCore Subjects: 55 Questions|
|Distribution of Marks in all PapersEXCEPT papers AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH,XH and XL||General Aptitude: 15 Marks +Engineering Mathematics: 13 Marks +Subject Questions: 72 Marks =|
Total: 100 Marks
|Questions Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions|
|Number of sections||GATE 2022 question paper will comprise of the following three sections except for AR, CY, GG, EY, XL, PH and MA papers: General Aptitude (GA)Engineering Mathematics (for XL papers it is Chemistry)Subject – Specific section|
|Marking Scheme||For MCQs carrying 1 mark: 1/3 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.For MCQs carrying 2 marks: 2/3 mark will be deducted for every incorrect response.No negative marking for Multiple Select Question (MSQ) and Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions.|
Given below is the table indicating the marks weightage of the various subjects included in this examination:-
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks|
GATE Cut Off Marks
You can check out the cut off marks for the examination for the year 2020 by reading the table given below:-
|Computer Science Engineering||28.5||25.6||19.0|
|Electronics & Communication||28.8||25.9||19.2|
The following is the marking scheme for the papers included in this examination:-
|Paper Code||General Aptitude (GA) Marks||Subject Marks||Total Marks||Total Time (Minutes)|
|AE, AG, BM, BT, CE, CH, CS, CY, EC, EE, ES, EY, IN, MA, ME, MN, MT, NM, PE, PH, PI, TF, ST||15||85||100||180|
|AR [Part A + Part B (B1: Architecture or B2: Planning)]||15||60 + 25||100||180|
|GE [Part A + Part B (Section I or Section II)||15||55 + 30||100||180|
|GG [Part A + Part B (Section 1: Geology or Section 2: Geophysics)]||15||25 + 60||100||180|
|XE (Section A + Any TWO Sections)||15||15 + (2 x 35)||100||180|
|XH (Section B1 + Any ONE Section)||15||25 + 60||100||180|
|XL (Section P + Any TWO Sections)||15||25 + (2 x 30)||100||180|
Application Procedure GATE 2023
To apply for the GATE examination you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- You will first have to visit the official website of the GATE examination by clicking on the link given here https://gate.iitkgp.ac.in/
- The homepage of the organisation will be displayed on your screen
- Click on the option called Download Information given on the menu bar
- A new page will be displayed on your screen where you have to download the GATE 2022 Information Brochure
- The PDF will be displayed on your screen where all of the information regarding the examination will be mentioned.
- You have to read the PDF successfully.
- Now you have to click on the option called Apply Online present on the home page.
- The application form will be displayed on your screen.
- You have to fill up the application form.
- Upload all of the documents.
- Submit the application form successfully.