As we all are know that how important education is for Girls, some of the reasons which act as barriers for girl child education are poverty, gender issues, gender-based violence and lack of proper sanitation facilities in schools, and so on. So keeping this in mind, the R&D wing of Ministry of Defence, Govt of India has announced the scholarship program for girls and women which is known as DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls in Aerospace Engineering / Aeronautical Engineering / Space Engineering & Rocketry / Avionics / Aircraft Engineering” for Financial Year 2022, and PG and UG candidates can also apply. In this article we will share with you all the important details regarding this scheme such as, eligibility criteria, required documents, application procedure and so on.
DRDO Scholarship For Girls 2023
R&D wing of Ministry of Defence, Government of India has announced the scholarship program for girls. We all know that how important education is for girls, and for those who wants to achieve their goals. With this transparent approach, this scholarship initiative would select such women power from diverse institutes, to access the talent of bright students across all over the country. In this article we will let you know all the major and important information regarding this Scholarship program.
DRDO Scholarship for Girls Open to Apply
The official notification is out by the R&D wing of the Ministry of Defence, Govt of India for the scholarship program. Applicants can apply for the Scholarship Scheme through Online Mode. Application procedure has given below, applicants are advised to apply before the last date. Financial assistance will be provided to the selected girls applicant under thescholarship program. The last date for the scholarship program is 31stMarch 2022.
Highlights Of DRDO Scholarship for Girls 2023
|Name of the Scheme||DRDO Scholarship for Girls 2022|
|Established By||R&D wing of Ministry of Defence, Govt of India|
|Introduced By||Recruitment and Assessment Centre (RAC)|
|Beneficiaries||Girls / Women students studying in the first year of Under Graduate and Post Graduate course|
Reward Of DRDO Scholarship For Girls
Here is the Reward of different levels for DRDO Scholarship for Girls, given below:
|Under Graduate (BE / B. TECH/ B.Sc. Engineering)||Rs. 120000 per year or annual fees whichever is less for a maximum period of four years|
|Post Graduate (ME/ M.TECH/ M.Sc Engineering)||For a maximum of two years, Rs. 15500 / – per month and is limited to Rs. 186,000 / – each year.|
Objective Of DRDO Scholarship
the main aim of this scholarship is to encourage and empower all the women in our country to come out and show their talent on various educational level field. This scholarship scheme would attract such women power from various institutes through a transparent process with an objective to tap the talent of bright students from all over the country.
Selection Criteria Of DRDO Scholarship
- Here is the procedure of selection criteria of the scholarship is as follows:
- The first-year Undergraduate programs like B.E./B.Tech. /BSc. Engineering Scholarships for a four-year full-time program will get awards depending on JEE merit (Main). Applicants who don’t have a valid JEE (Main) score will be disqualified.
- The merit-based first-year postgraduate programs like M.E./M.Tech. /M.Sc. Engineering scholarship (for a two-year full-time study) will get awards based on the valid GATE score. Applicants who don’t have a valid GATE score will be disqualified.
To apply for the Scholarship Scheme, applicants are advised to fulfil the eligibility criteria, the eligibility criteria for the DRDO Scholarship as per different subjects given below:
|Level||Subject||Eligibility Criteria and Requirements|
|Under Graduate (BE / B.TECH/ B.Sc. Engineering)||Aerospace Engineering Aeronautical Engineering Space Engineering & Rocketry Avionics / Aircraft Engineering||The applicant must be a citizen of India. Applicant must have been enrolled into the relevant B.E./ B. Tech./B.Sc Engineering. program in the first year of the current academic year (2020-21). The applicant must have passed the JEE Main i.e., Joint Entrance Examination. A genuine JEE Main score is required of the candidate.|
|Post Graduate (ME/ M.TECH/ M.ScEngineering)||Aerospace Engineering Aeronautical Engineering SpaceEngineering& Rocketry Avionics / Aircraft Engineering||The applicant must be a citizen of India. Applicant must have been enrolled into the applicable ME / M. TECH / M.ScEngineering program in the first year of the current academic year (2020-21). According to AICTE / MHRD criteria, an applicant must have obtained at least 60% in the qualifying test (graduate level: BE / B Tech / B Engineering. Or equivalent) to be admitted to the subject course.If the conversion formula is not available, a CGPA / CPI of 6.75 (on a 10-point scale) shall be considered comparable to 60%, according to AICTE standards.’A valid GATE (General Aptitude Test in Engineering) score is required.|
- Here is the list of all the documents which is required for DRDO Scholarship for Girls 2022 are as follows:
- DRDO Scholarship Application Form
- Recent passport size colour photograph with a maximum size of 50 KB
- Admission Proof with a maximum size of 500 KB
- Aadhaar Cardwith a maximum size of 500 KB
- Fees Receipt with a maximum size of 500 KB
- Certificate from Institute with a maximum size of 500 KB
- Number Of DRDO Scholarship For Girls 2022
- The Number of DRDO Scholarship for Girls 2022 for each level of the program is as follows:
|Level||Number of Scholarships|
|Under Graduate (BE / B. TECH/ B.Sc. Engineering)||20|
|Post Graduate (ME/ M.TECH/ M.Sc Engineering)||10|
DRDO Scholarship Terms And Conditions
- The Terms and Conditions of the Scholarship scheme are as follows:
- Students who have receive this scholarship are only eligible for one scholarship at a time, and they must provide an agreement, which must be signed and sealed by the institute, stating that they are not receiving any other scholarship from any other institute, department, or organization.
- Once a scholarship has been cancelled for an applicant, it will not be granted again, even if the applicant meets the eligibility requirements in subsequent years.
- Applicants must provide all original certificates to the Institute for verification, and a certificate must be forwarded to AR&DB in this matter by the institute where the student is enrolled.
- Applications that do not include scanned copies of documents for the required essential educational qualification or that are missing will be immediately rejects. In this case, no correspondence will accepts.
- The number of scholarships available is limited to 20 for undergraduate students and 10 for postgraduate students pursuing degrees at academic institutions.
- The number of scholarships available to the selected candidates will be limited. Scholarships will be awarded in the ranking list.
- The list of scholarship applicants will be posted on the AR&DB website: https://www.drdo.gov.in .
Steps To Apply For DRDO Scholarship For Girls 2023
- Here are the procedure to apply for the Scholarship Scheme given below:
- Visit the official website.
- The homepage, go to the students corner option.
- On this page, go to the career option and again click on the scientist recruitment option.
- Now a new page will appear on the screen where you will find the official notification for the scholarship program and also the apply online link.
- Click on the apply online link to apply for the scholarship.
- Enter the details carefully and register on the portal if you are not already registered.
- If you are already registered then click on the” login, if already registered” option.
- Enter the further details in the application form.
- Upload the related documents and click on the submit option.
- Your application form will be submitted successfully.
- Visit the official website click on the scholarship portal.
- On clicking, a new login page will appear on the screen.
- Enter the login details like Email and password.
- Now enter the captcha code present on the screen and click on the login option.
- You will be logged in successfully.
- Visit the official website and login on the scholarship portal.
- On clicking, a new login page will appear on the screen.
- Now on this page, click on the forget password, option.
- A new page will open on the screen.
- Enter the registered mobile number.
- Now enter the captcha code present on the screen.
- Hit the Reset Password option.
Certificate Download From The Institute
First, visit the official website of the scholarship scheme.
The homepage of the website will open on the screen.
Click on the certificate form institution option.
- Select the download and download it.
- For further information or in case of any complaint related to the DRDO Scholarship for Girls 2022, you can contact on the below-given details:
- Address: Secretary, Aeronautics Research & Development Board (AR&DB), DG (Technology Management) / Research Boards, DRDO Headquarters Annexe, Old LASTEC Building, 4th Floor, Room No. 411, Metcalfe House, Civil Lines, Delhi-110054
- Email Id:[email protected]