India has enhanced its human resources and is one of the world’s developing nations. India’s women are not being held back by this change; instead, they are progressing alongside the nation and making a contribution to its economy. In this contribution, the Delhi government offers a specific scheme to the Delhi Female Cab Drivers Scheme so they can Contribute in state development.Authorities say that the government has developed internal driving schools in Burari, Loni, and Sarai Kale Khan.under which it will cover 50% of the cost of driving training in order to support women who want to work as licensed cab drivers.The Delhi government claims that it would demand these businesses to cover the remaining 50% at their own level for women.Women who participate in the activities can receive vehicle training for large vehicles in additional to cabs and taxis.
Objectives and Importance of Delhi Female Cab Driver Scheme
The primary goal is to expand the number of jobs available to women in the public transport sector and to enhance their status within the service. Within DTC, we have now hired women as bus drivers. With the help of this scheme, the time will soon come when many women will be seen operating various public transportation vehicles.Additionally, this will guarantee the security of women who commute or work at night.With a network of about 7300 buses, the Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) and Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System (DIMTS) have simplified things for women to get employment.Women will be trained to operate Delhi’s public transportation system’s government buses as part of the Delhi Mahila Yojana.
|Scheme Name||Delhi Female Cab Driver Scheme|
|Represented by||State government of Delhi Under Arvind Kejriwal, CM of Delhi|
|Beneficiaries||Female Cab Drivers of Delhi|
|Objective||Promote the role of women in Development|
The Delhi government initiated a scheme on July 18, 2022, under which it will cover 50% of the cost of driving training in order to promote women who want to work as professional cab drivers.About 1,000 women who want to work as professional cab drivers will receive free driving test from the Delhi government in a collaboration with app-based aggregators. Additionally, this will guarantee the security of women who commute or work at night.As per the Delhi government, the Transport Department would now be responsible for covering half of the training cost, or around Rs 4,800.The Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) and Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System’s combined network of roughly 7300 buses would have more employment opportunities for women as a result of this decision.
The Delhi government on Monday announced a scheme to aid financially women who wish to enrol in driving training in order to work as professional cab drivers in the future. The Transport Department will shortly publish an advertising or public notice asking fleet owners and aggregators to submit their Expressions of Interest (EoI) for the scheme in order to determine how many women can receive training under the programme.
All Eligible Applicants who wish to apply for this scheme should carefully read the instructions and take the Documents specified to complete the online application process.
Some Important Documents required and Eligibility guidance are as under:
- Applicants must be women
- The applicant must be a resident of Delhi and Proof that the citizen is from the state of Delhi
- ID proof of the applicant
- The height restriction for women bus drivers in Delhi has been from 159 to 153 cms.
- A functional phone number and email address
Required Documents Of Delhi Female Cab Driver Scheme
- ID proof of the applicant
- Proof that the citizen is from the state of Delhi
- mobile number
- E mail ID
How to Fill Out an Online Application for the Delhi Female Cab Drivers Scheme for 2023
- Visit the Delhi government’s official website at
- One Homepage, go to the ”Quick Link”
- Under Quick Link click on the “application form”
- Now Click on the application from and a new page of “application form” will display
- Find out the Delhi Female Cab Driver Scheme from different available government scheme
- Now Click on the Delhi Female Cab Driver Scheme and apply
- Now submit the necessary information ( including the name of the woman, driver’s father or spouse, their date of birth, gender, and other details) and upload the necessary files.
- Click on “Submit Button” for the final submission of the application.
Note:The Delhi government has not yet established an official website or application gateway for this programme, but it will do so as soon as it releases any information about it.