Telangana Nethanna Bima Scheme Registration 2022 | Telangana Nethanna Bima Apply Online, Eligibility, Benefits & Documents Required | Telangana Nethanna Bima Scheme 2022 has been launched by the Chief Minister of Telangana K Chandrashekhar Rao. Along with this, he also congratulated the weaving society of the state on National Handloom Day. He said that the Telangana Government is continuously working for the welfare of the weavers’ society. Telangana Nethanna Bima Scheme will benefit 80 lakh weavers’ families. It has especially started on the occasion of National Handloom Day. Chief Minister is also working on many new schemes for them.
What is Telangana Nethanna Bima Scheme 2022?
Telangana Nethanna Bima Scheme has been announced especially on the occasion of National Handloom Day on 7th august 2022. Municipal Administration and Urban Development Minister have organized this program. Under this scheme, the weaver’s family will get insurance of Rs. 5 lakhs in case of any kind of accidental death or accident. Weaver families will get financial security from this scheme. The Telangana Government has partnered with the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) for this scheme. The annual premium of this scheme will be paid by the Government itself.
Talking about the Telangana Nethanna Bima Scheme 2022, he said that it is the first such scheme of its kind in the country. This will benefit 80 lakh weaving families. This scheme will provide insurance coverage to the weavers’ families. This insurance scheme started especially on Handloom Day. Telangana Handloom Minister KT Rama Rao, along with the announcement of this scheme, requested to the central government to withdraw GST on handlooms. He said that this unfavorably affects the weavers.
Telangana Nethanna Bima Scheme Key Highlights
|Scheme Name||Telangana Nethanna Bima Scheme|
|Launched by||Telangana Municipal Administration and Urban Development Minister|
|Launched for||Family members of handloom weavers only|
|Objective||To improve the existing insurance coverage for the handloom weavers of the Telangana state|
|Benefits||Paying up to Rs. 5 lakhs within ten days of the death of the beneficiary|
Features of Telangana Nethanna Bima Scheme 2022
- More than Rs 29 crore has been sanctioned for implementing the scheme during this year. The cabinet subcommittee had proposed to cover more than 55 thousand handloom and power loom and allied weavers in the state.
- The insurance coverage will be extended to weavers in the age group of 18 to 59 years. Insurance benefits will be given to the family of the death of the weaver or ancillary worker. This scheme has launched on 7th august 2022.
- A senior official of the handloom department said the department has been directed to prepare draft guidelines and submit them to the Government for implementation of the scheme.
Objectives of Telangana Nethanna Bima Scheme
The foremost objective of this scheme is to enhance the insurance coverage available to all the handloom weavers present in the state. The focus of the Telangana Government is to make handloom weaver’s life better. As you can see, numerous welfare schemes are launched by the Telangana Government from time to time for a better life for handloom weavers, so they can live well. And financial assistance amount has already been distributed by the Government, under this scheme the Telangana Government gives Rs. 1200 crore every year to the handloom and textile industries.
- Under this scheme, Handloom weavers between 15 and 59 years of Telangana State, can take benefit of this scheme so that they can improve their lives.
- Family members of handloom weavers who will apply for this scheme will get 5 lakhs rupees for insurance.
- The Telangana Nethanna Bima Scheme is paid by the State Government to the insurance policy amount within 10 days of the beneficiary’s death.
- A person who is applying for this scheme should be a resident of Telangana state.
- If a person is not from Telangana state, then he/she is not eligible for this scheme and they cannot take the advantage of Telangana Nethanna Bima scheme 2022
- Only between 18 to 59 years old are eligible and take advantage of this scheme.
- Besides this, it is compulsory for the person who is applying under this scheme to have prior experience as a participant in Rythu Bima Yojana.
- Identity card
- Address proof of the applicant
- Aadhaar card
- Email id
- Contact number
- Documentation formally submitted to the department of handloom and textile production
Telangana Nethanna Bima Scheme Registration
Telangana Nethanna Bima Scheme has been launched by the State Government on the Occasion of Handloom Day on 7th august 2022, but the Official Website has not been launched yet. The Telangana Government has announced that they will launch their Official Website before long. Residents of Telangana have to wait a while for applying under this scheme. Only eligible candidates can apply for this scheme.
Note; We will provide you with all the updates related to this scheme through this article.