WB Chokher Alo Scheme 2023 Online Registration | West Bengal Chokher Alo Scheme Appy Online | Chokher Alo Prakalpo Application Form
The government of West Bengal has taken an initiative to help the senior citizens of the state. Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has launched a scheme named “West Bengal Chokher Alo Scheme” for senior citizens. There are many schemes running by the West Bengal state government for the citizens to provide them monetary help who needs. In this article today we are going to talk about the Chokher Alo Scheme in detail like what the scheme is, who can avail the benefits of this scheme, how to apply for the scheme, what benefits the beneficiary is going to get, and many more.
West Bengal Chokher Alo Scheme 2023
Many senior citizens of the state are having cataract issues. Some of them have the potential to treat the problem but many of them are not able to get treated due to financial issues. Considering all these facts state government of West Bengal has initiated WBChokher Alo Scheme. Under this scheme, the state government is going to provide free-of-cost eye treatment to at least 20 lakh senior citizens who are suffering from cataract issues. Interested applicants may apply for the scheme by following the few steps described below.
Read More :- West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme
Overview of WB Chokher Alo Prakalpo
- Scheme name: West Bengal Chokher Alo Scheme
- Launched by: Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee
- Launched on: 5 January 2021
- Objective: to provide eye treatment
- Benefits: free cataract surgeries
- Beneficiaries: at least 20 lakh senior citizens
- Mode of application: online/ offline
- Official Website: update later
Objective of West Bengal Chokher Alo Scheme
The main objective of the West Bengal government behind launching this scheme is to provide free-of-cost eye treatment and ensure eyes for all by 2025. To achieve the objective of creating at least 20 lakh senior citizens government has arranged 300 doctors and 400 optometry technicians for successful implementation of the scheme.
Feature/Benefits of the scheme
- 20 lakh senior citizens are going to benefited under this scheme
- Cataract operation for senior citizens and eye treatment will be ensured under this scheme
- 8.25 lakh senior citizens will get free cost spectacles
- Free of cost eye test for 10 lakh students out of which 4 lakhs will get free spectacles
- Anganwadi workers will also get the opportunities to have free of cost eye check-ups.
West Bengal Chokher Alo Scheme- 1st Phase
First phase of the scheme has been started on 5th January 2021. In the first phase around 1200 gram panchayats and 120 primary Health, centers are covered. An advanced trauma care facility hospital fully equipped with modern infrastructures and facilities is inaugurated by the CM. in this hospital there are 20 beds, 2 operation theatres, and 10 beds recovery room. Also, Orthopedic Surgeons and Neurosurgeons will be available for emergencies.
- Applicant should be a resident of West Bengal
- Applicant must be a senior citizen
- Age of the applicant must more than 60 years
- Anganwadi worker or the Student of the state are also eligible
- Aadhar card
- Address proof
- Mobile number
- Passport size photograph
- Voter ID card
Application Procedure West Bengal Chokher Alo Scheme 2023
As the scheme is just launched by the government, yet a defined procedure has not been released in concern with the application form. The application process can be online or offline. We will update the information in this regard once the authorities announce it. Further are some of the common steps which you have to follow to apply:
- Open the official website of the West Bengal Chokher Alo Scheme
- Go to the appropriate link to open the application form
- Start filling the application with all the accurate details
- Attach/ upload the documents with the form
- Review once and submit the application
- Keep a copy of filled application with you for further use.